Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The Ngusulu's


Some of you may know the Ngusulu's. Reuben, Sr., center, is the proud husband and father of this crew. We have known Reuben since 2006. I remember talking to Reuben on the phone and wondering if I would ever have the privilege to meet him and his family. I would see countless pictures of them on Mike's return from Zambia along with many stories. Reuben has an amazing story of how God has brought him through this journey of life. It has not been without struggle. His wife, Melody, right in green, doesn't let him talk about the difficult times they have had in the past. It really hurts her to think about days without things they needed for themselves and their children. Days when Reuben had to travel and live in many different places to provide for them. But, whatever Reuben has set his hand to, he has done well and learned much. He speaks English beautifully and is as patient with us as anyone could be. His children are, from oldest to youngest, Kasenya 18, Lulu 17, Reuben, Jr. 13, Kebby 12, Chipango 10, Alice 8 and sweet baby Stacey 2. They are a gift to me and my family. They live here with us and life is never boring. We are family here watching out for each other. Melody keeps careful eye on things and I am sure to have someone rushing to get me if anyone is injured. The creativity runs rampid here and something is always being built, taken apart, or well into planning stages. Baby Stacey couldn't have kept from learning to count to 20 with over 3 bazillion games of hide and seek having been played before she turned 2. Often you could hear her counting long after everyone was found.  The stories are endless of our lives shared here together.  Living, learning and loving together.   I have loved watching them grow as a christian family.  They have sacrificed many things, been blessed in many ways and press forward raising their children in a Godly home.

2 comments:

The Helgren Family said...

I have heard so many stories about this precious family and what a blessing Reuben has been to your family and I love that now I have faces to put with names!

hthrnleh@gmail.com said...

How very special they are for sure and I bet they think that of you too!
Thank you for sharing.